Sunday, January 25, 2009

Fondant please!

Saturday I had my fondant class which I enjoyed so much, I giggled in the middle of class because I was so happy. I LOVE to bake. I LOVE to learn. So, the two mix quite well together!

I went by myself and enjoyed it in my pure state of bliss! We started out doing a fruit cake. Which in terms, we molded beautiful pieces of fruit on top of a bed of greens ON TOP of a cake. A VERY BIG challenge and learned so many techniques! Here is a picture of my first cake with fondant.


Saturday, I also worked on my second cake for a birthday this week. She said that she loved pink and teal....so I decided to let my imagination run and go with the flow! Here is a picture of the cake that I finished. Oh, the reason why I'm learning how to do fondant is because Tashika asked me to do her wedding cake in October. I'm SO honored! Plus, between now and then, I should have a lot of cakes to do!!!


1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

Pretty impressive Mel...baking is not really my thing, but now I'm a bit curious!