Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I am Mom. Bring it On!

Good Morning to everyone! Right now, my home is quite. Sienna is sleeping and we had a good night. Carlos is gone to Brownsville....for 8 days. He somehow knows JUST RIGHT when to leave. My poor baby is just coughing her head off. She will cough and then will make the most pitiful sound afterwards. The sound is like that of a puppy whimpering, wanting her mommy to come and just hold her. Yes! It can break the heart of any one! I'm still trying to figure out if its allergies or a cold. I'm thinking allergies since there is not a fever. But it's kinda going like this.

"Sienna! Hey Honey!! (picking sienna up over my head) I've missed you!!"

Then this happens all in super slow motion. We are both laughing and as I am in the middle of saying I've Miss...

Then I see it coming. Her face is starting to look funny. Her head is tilting back some. Eyes are starting to close. I hear her starting to take a really deep breath....that's when I realize what is about to happen.

In my mind..I'm saying NOOOOOOO! WAITTTTTT! Let me MOVE!!! But no, she is suspended in mid air with MY HANDS! She is in the prime spot to do what she is about to do.

In less than on second. I'm ready for it. Yes, I will just take it all in. I am Mom. I can handle everything and anything. This is my child. My DNA, my blood...yes, Sienna....BRING IT ON!

Then, the most disgusting 2 seconds that I see before me...happen. I try to turn my face to the left as the storm of snot starts hitting my face. Wait! Not JUST GLOBS of SNOT, but pounds of snot, spit, milk...wait? Yes, even green beans. I can smell EVERYTHING. This isn't just ONE sneeze. No, she takes after her mommy. We do double and triple sneezes at a time.

After what seems like forever (3 seconds or so), I finally put her down. I literally FEEL my face HEAVY with my daughters loving gift to me. Snot, milk, spit....green beans. Wait, OMG WHAT IS THAT SMELL! Oh yes, it's the smell that comes with sneezing. Maybe it's me but there is SERIOUSLY a smell that happens when you sneeze. Maybe it's the sinus cavity that smells so bad. I can't stand it....I start gagging.

So far, I think I've handled it pretty well as I'm walking to the NEAREST SINK in my house. Gagging, seeing through blurred vision of snot, spit, milk and green beans. This is SO disgusting!!! I dunk my head in the water trying to get everything off. OMG, it's like GLUE!!!!

Between the rushing of water in my ears..I hear something. I look up to see my daughter....laughing at her mommy.


____________________________________________________________________
sneeze (snz)
intr.v. sneezed , sneez·ing , sneez·es
To expel air forcibly from the mouth and nose in an explosive, spasmodic involuntary action resulting chiefly from irritation of the nasal mucous membrane.

No comments: