Friday, January 23, 2009

The Morning Rush!

My mornings used to be so laid back. Casually, waking up around 6-6:30ish. Laying in bed for at least 15 minutes trying to decide on if I wanted to go to the gym, make a delicious homemade breakfast with eggs, bacon and pancakes or read my latest US Weekly newspaper outside on the patio with my fresh steaming cup of coffee.

My mornings at the gym were great! Full of sweat and intensity. Cardio, weights and stretching. Those were great mornings!
My mornings outside on the patio on those warm summer mornings were perfect. It was great to see the humming birds on my feeder, birds flying around the tree that held my bird feeder and listening to the "morning melody" that nature brings to us.

Breakfast mornings were wonderful as well. The smell of bacon in the air, the noise of the eggs popping in the skillet, the warmth from the oven...They were all great.

Yep, not anymore!

Baby changes everything! It's the rush of getting yourself ready while trying to get lunches made, bottles ready, coffee going while trying to shove SOMETHING in your mouth for breakfast!!! 5 mins showers, hair drenched and wishing how I could somehow make a 2 minute blow dryer!!! Wow, wouldn't that be great. "Yes honey, I'll be ready in 2 mins" BAM come walking out of the bathroom like a movie star!! Yes, I think that will do!

Carlos and I are both getting Sienna dressed and ready to go. Wait!~ Does she have everything for the day? 3 Bottles, 1 Cereal, 2 Blankets, extra clothes, diapers,...hummmmm what am I forgetting. Something I'm forgetting! What is it........WIPES! CRAP - she needs WIPES! Did I lock the door? WHERE IS MY COFFEE?!!?! (Frantically looking around - oh, there it is, right infront of me.
Yes, these are our usual mornings (sigh)

It will turn something that use to be an ordinary drive, to a drive that fills you with calm. You enjoy things differently now. You see the sun's rays beaming through the clouds and realize how beautiful they are. The soft whispers of a breeze from your car window, reminds you that this breeze has grazed the amazing trees that watch over your drive. The temperature (at whatever degrees) is perfect because it means that you're outside. The river that I cross over, seems more amazing. It's water brings life to this land...

This is now the scenic drive that calms me...

1 comment:

Juliana said...

Babe, I love you so much and I have not even offically met you yet. I am so glad that we have our blogs!